Welcome to the BC Education Leadership Council
Presentation Launch Page
Interactive Innovations: Keynote Speakers
INTRODUCTION: On February 28, March 1, and 2, 2007, Interactive Innovations: A Showcase of Learners and Learning was held in five locations across British Columbia: Victoria, Vancouver, Prince George, Kelowna and Nelson. In addition, five sites in Alberta joined the live webcast event. Keynote Speakers' presentations were archived for re-viewing to support educators' professional growth over time.
- Support materials are linked for downloading and printing.
- The best way to use these archived webcast is with a partner, or a group of colleagues, students and/or parents to allow for discussion.
- If you wish to pause a webcast while viewing, be sure to use the "PAUSE" function. (If you press "stop", the PowerPoint slide sequencing will be lost.)
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS: These webcasts are designed for a minimum screen resolution of 1024x768 pixels. If your present resolution is smaller than that, you may need to increase your screen resolution before watching these webcasts. Click here for more information on tech requirements.
In addition, your computer will need to meet the following system requirements:
- Operating Systems: Windows™ (95, 98, 2000, NT, ME, XP), Mac® OS X or later
- Processor: Pentium® 166 or greater, PowerPC™ (200 MHz or faster)
- Video: 256-colour video card (minimum)
- Sound: sound card, speakers (minimum)
- Internet: 28.8kbps, 56.6kbps modem (low frame rate video or audio-only streams); hi-speed modems (motion video)
- Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer™ 4.0 or Netscape® 4.5, or higher, Java-enabled browser.
- Test your system to see if you have what you need: Click here for system test
- Note: To open a PDF you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. If it is not already present on your computer, you may download it from here.
To begin a webcast, click on one of the presenters below
Deputy Minister Dr. Emery Dosdall: Introduction and Conference Welcome
Dr. Richard Allington: Research and Readers
Dr. Fred and Dr. Patrick Renihan: Opening Keynote: Connecting the Themes
Dr. Andy Hargreaves
Marco Torres, Rosa Ruvalcaba and Elizabeth Ruvalcaba: Using Technology to Reach High School Students
Stephanie Hirsch: Teacher Leadership to Ensure Quality Teaching
Dr. David Sousa : Brain Research: Implications for the Early Years
Dr. Michael Fullan: Role of Leadership in Changing Educational Settings
Minister Shirley Bond: A Provincial Perspectives from students, Leadership and Project Based Learning with a summary from Minster Shirley Bond
Closing Panel: Conference Wrap - Bringing the Themes Together