Welcome to the BC Education Leadership Council
Presentation Launch Page
Interactive Innovations: Keynote Speakers
INTRODUCTION: On May 25 and 26, 2006, Interactive Innovations: A Showcase of Learners and Learning was held in five locations across British Columbia: Victoria, Whistler, Prince George, Kelowna and Nelson. The presentations of many Keynote Speakers were archived for viewing and re-viewing to support your professional growth over time.
- The webcasts have been divided into segments to assist your viewing. You can also view the entire webcast at once.
- PDF files are linked for downloading and printing as supportive tools.
- Live audiences participated in the real-time webcast at sites across British Columbia.
- The best way to use these archived webcast is with a partner, or a group of colleagues, students and/or parents to allow for discussion.
- If you wish to pause a webcast while viewing, be sure to use the "PAUSE" function. (If you press "stop", the PowerPoint slide sequencing will be lost.)
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS: These webcasts are designed for a minimum screen resolution of 1024x768 pixels. If your present resolution is smaller than that, you may need to increase your screen resolution before watching these webcasts. Click here for more information on tech requirements.
In addition, your computer will need to meet the following system requirements:
- Operating Systems: Windows™ (95, 98, 2000, NT, ME, XP), Mac® OS X or later
- Processor: Pentium® 166 or greater, PowerPC™ (200 MHz or faster)
- Video: 256-colour video card (minimum)
- Sound: sound card, speakers (minimum)
- Internet: 28.8kbps, 56.6kbps modem (low frame rate video or audio-only streams); hi-speed modems (motion video)
- Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer™ 4.0 or Netscape® 4.5, or higher, Java-enabled browser.
- Test your system to see if you have what you need: Click here for system test
To begin a webcast, click on one of the presenters below!
Dr. Fred Renihan: Connecting the Conference Themes
Ken O'Connor: Secondary Learners
Jane Bertrand: Early Learning
Dr. Jeffery Wilhelm: Going With the Flow
Dr. Jennifer James: Looking Ahead: Time and Change
Note: To open a PDF you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. If it is not already present on your computer, you may download it from here.